Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Going Sailing!



On a cloudy slightly sunny day, we were getting ready to go sailing. I was so excited but so nervous, we were going to Kohimarama Beach. Since the activity only takes 12 people, we were split up into 2 groups. Group one was the first one to go, they went at 9 in the morning and came back at 12 in the noon. I was in the second group, the second group was the last one to go, we went at 12 in the noon and finished at 3 in the afternoon.


“Is everybody ready?” Questioned Mrs Tui. “Yes!” We all said in union. Group 2 went to room 6 while group one was getting ready to go sailing. While in room 6... “Hurry up time, be faster!” I thought in my head, I was getting really impatient. I kept on looking at the time and counting down how many minutes until we can go. Just after a few minutes after prayers, Mrs. Genie randomly walked in. “Are we going?” I questioned myself. “Okay room 6, go and carry on with your work and the room 7’s, go with Mrs. Genie.” I heard Mrs. Tui. I was so enthusiastic. 

“Get in the van guys.” Commented Mrs. Genie. We went in the van. “My seat belt! I don’t have a seat belt!” I half whispered half shouted. “Here it is.” Lupe remarked. “Thanks.” I replied. We were on our way to go to Kohimarama Beach.

We arrived at Kohimarama Beach, there we saw 5 sailing boats. After seeing the sailing boats, I got nervous. I wanted to run away. Then I heard someone screaming my name. “Ierei!” Sonya yelled, I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug, “Ierei!” Aurora shouted, “Yay!” I yelled, I hugged Aurora really tightly. 

After a few minutes of organising, group one was leaving. It was our turn, I felt butterflies forming in my stomach. Later on we were in our boats, since I was by myself I went with Oscar and the instructor in the motorboat, some point during the day, I went to swap places with Rachel, while I was getting off the boat... “Splash!” I fell in the water, all I could hear was laughter, I was laughing from embarrassment. I finally got in the sailing boat with my new partner which was Alecia.

During the day, Alecia and I were getting good at sailing. We sailed all the way to the shore because we were finishing up. When we arrived at the shore I was super exhausted, I was breathing heavily. We were packing up the sail boats, the girls went to change in the trailer while the boys got changed at the back of the balcony.

After a long tiring day, we went back home. What a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment